The smartphone has made the lives of humankind much simple and easier. People across the globe make use of a smartphone to accomplish their tasks even on the go. They make use of the smartphone for reading emails, watching movies, staying connected with friends and family through social networking and many other activities. The foremost benefit of using a smartphone is that it comes with many applications that make the daily activities easier. But there is an age old confusion as which form of application is the best that is native or hybrid application development. Thus, it has been found that Hybrid app development is the most preferred platform for developing the mobile application in the recent times.
A Brief Outline on Hybrid Applications
The hybrid apps are those that combine the element of both web and native applications. When it comes to mobile computing, Hybrid application is mostly mentioned. Native applications are only developed for specific platforms and it is installed on a computing device. Web applications are developed for multiple platforms and are not installed locally.
They are made available on the cyberspace through a browser. The features of hybrid applications are as follows:
- This type of application can function even if the device is not connected to the network.
- Integration with the file system of a device.
If you are a mobile application developer and decide to develop Hybrid apps, then you need to remember the name of the competitor in this field. It is the Cordova app development. It targets the mobile platforms. When you develop with Cordova, it is like developing a web page. You need to create HTML, JS local files, CSS and then you need to test the application in the browser and wrap it in a native application using Cordova or other platforms. The application development is indeed faster, rapid and simpler and easier to maintain as well.
Benefits of Hybrid Application
There are several benefits that the Hybrid app development offers. The benefits are as follows:
- The Hybrid developers can make use of existing web skills.
- Based on one code for multiple platforms.
- It reduces the development cost and time.
- Access to the features of the operating system and the device.
- Advanced offline capabilities.
- Increased visibility as the application can be distributed to mobile browsers and natively.
Latest posts by Ankita Pancholi (see all)
- Why Hybrid App Development Most Favorable Platform In 2017 - January 27, 2017