Are you looking for email marketing tools/software? Choosing the best email marketing tools can have a significant impact on the success of your marketing campaign. According to HubSpot, email marketing has an ROI of 4300%.
But, with so many businesses sending out emails, getting prospects to pay attention can be tough. Email marketing takes a lot of work. You need to make sure your content and message are clear, your list is constantly updated, and your emails actually make their way to the right people every time.
In this article, we’ll review the top 5 best email marketing tools for small businesses.
Top 5 Email Marketing Tools for Small Businesses
MailChimp is an excellent choice for small businesses with a limited budget because the company offers useful features with a free account.
Free accounts are available for businesses with email lists up to 2,000 subscribers and allow for the sending of 12,000 emails per month. Though some functionality is limited, email design, scheduling, and basic autoresponders are included with free accounts.
MailChimp email creation is quick and easy due to the “drag and drop” nature of the platform. Emails can be created using pre-designed templates or custom templates and images can be resized and edited directly in the platform.
MailChimp offers 3 plans – 1 free plan and 2 paid plans. The paid plans are send-based (pay as you go) and list-based (monthly).
- The Forever Free plan is an excellent plan for email marketing beginners
- Powerful segmentation and A/B testing capabilities
- Superfast setup and friendly interface
- Fantastic pre-designed email templates
- Easy to use
- No phone or chat support.
- Customer support is restricted to email
GetResponse has become a popular email marketing tool for small businesses. They offer a free 30-day trial and low-cost monthly plans starting at $15 per month. They do not have any monthly sending limits and plans are offered on a month-to-month basis; however, if you sign up for an annual plan, you can get a discount.
The interface is user-friendly and emails can be designed using drag and drop features as well as 1,000 free high-quality stock images. GetResponse also offers highly responsive forms, landing pages, tracking, and autoresponders. They integrate with a variety of other service providers including Google, SalesForce, and ZenDesk.
- Offer great features in their cheapest plan that others provide in their higher plans
- Great Customers Support, to be honest!
- Great Automation features
- Easy to control campaigns and conversions
- Newbies friendly Forms and Landing Pages editor
- Perfect Time feature to get a more open rate
- Limitation of features in their pricing plan
- Email deliverability up to 97%
ConvertKit is a robust email marketing platform for professional bloggers and digital marketers. It is extremely easy to use and incredibly powerful.
ConvertKit offers the same functionality and ease of use as other ESPs in this list, with one key difference: it’s tailored more towards bloggers. However, that doesn’t mean it’s not suitable for small businesses. The automation rules that you can set up via ConvertKit are just phenomenal. It’s based on a very simple “if this/then that” sequence and it can truly help you capture more business leads.
Pricing for ConvertKit plans starts from $29/month with a 30-day refund policy.
- The email automation feature is both powerful and easy to use
- Excellent sign-up forms and accompanying editor
- Limited reporting features
- No free trial
Check out detailed review of ConvertKit here.
AWeber is one of the most popular email marketing service providers in the world. They offer a wide range of tools for small and medium-sized businesses to manage their email marketing.
AWeber is easy to use with a friendly interface, packed with features and has the #1 customer service team among all email marketing services.
AWeber offers a 30-day free trial. After that, their pricing starts at $19/month.
- Autoresponders are easier to set up and execute on AWeber than most ESPs
- AWeber’s free stock image library of 6000+ free stock images
- Easy to use with a user-friendly interface
- Excellent customer support
- Poorly designed email templates
SendPulse is a relatively new service that seems to have taken the email marketing industry by storm by providing some really innovative features at highly affordable prices. It seeks to bring unique features and an easy learning curve to the ESP market, making it an ideal option for beginners and professionals alike.
SendPulse is an integrated platform that allows you to reach your audience not only through email messages, but also through sending SMS for SMS marketing and web push notifications separately or even starting an automated complex campaign that will consist of a series of emails, SMS, and web pushes.
SendPulse offers various plans according to one’s need. Their plans are really affordable as compared to other popular email services.
For instance, most of the email services charge $25-$30/month for 2500 subscribers. However, SendPulse’s paid plan starts with 2500 subscribers @$9.85 only. Hence, it makes them one of the most affordable options of its kind in the market.
- The free plan is amazing, loaded with features and options that you wouldn’t normally get with a free plan
- Superfast setup, user-friendly interface, and easy to use
- Access to premium features such as web push and bulk SMS messages
- Excellent customer support
- A new entrant in the market, it lacks the experience of other ESPs in this list.
- Fewer integrations than other services in this list.