One of our most prized possessions is our iPhone and the data in the form of photos, videos, and other files we store in it. Although backup is always advised, there will be times you might lack the storage to do so. There might be instances of an unpredictable shut down, and you might have to do a factory reset where you instantly lose all your data without backup. This will be a heartbreaking moment where you lose track of all your memories.
But thankfully to your rescue, there is still hope to recover your data in certain ways. Even though deleted in front of the naked eye, your files still exist virtually, and you can retrieve them using a professional recovery service like iOS Data Recovery, Fonelab, EaseUS MobiSaver for iOS, and many others.
Let’s take a look at the easy steps you need to follow.
Recovery of data using an iPhone data recovery software
The first step of recovery is downloading a data recovery software and setting it up to proceed further. This application has in-built strategies to scan the internal memory and find data that is invisible to you right now and has no traces of backup. You can also pick the files you wish to recover and filter your data.
Steps to follow
STEP 1: Install and run the data recovery software and then, connect your device
Post the installation, run the software. The main window interface appears that provides you with three data recovery options. Here is the time you choose the “Recover from iOS Device” option to continue as you need to dig up files without any backups.
STEP 2: Choose all the data types and files you wish to scan
After establishing a connection, select all the types of data files you wish to recover by clicking on the boxes beside the data name column. On completing this, click on the scan button, and this will begin the intricate scanning of your iPhone to find and retrieve all your lost data.
To review the speed of backup, keep a watch on the progress bar that displays the progress of the scanning process.
STEP 3: Preview and filter the files that have been recovered after scanning
Once the scanning process is completed, all the files that could be traced by the software appear in front of you. Now it is your time to preview each file and decide whether you want to restore them.
This can be done by clicking the required category on the left side to get the specifics of the list. For example: Under the ‘Messages and Call Log’ category, click on messages to get an expanded version of all your previous chats.
Hence, choose all the boxes with each file name you want to retrieve.
STEP 4: Retrieve your data without any backup
This is the final step, and you shall have your data back at your fingertips. To complete the procedure, click on the Recover button on the bottom right corner. When the dialog box appears, mention the location on your computer so that this software can complete all the data extraction and transfer it on your computer.
Thus, with these four easy steps, you have finally recovered all your lost treasures.
In other scenarios, let’s check the ways to retrieve your data from iCloud and iTunes backup.
Recover iPhone files from an iCloud backup
- The main condition to do this is the verification that an iCloud backup exists. First, check that in your settings and see when was the last backup made to further erase your iPhone and restore data.
- Go to Settings, select General, and click on Reset.
- Then click on the Erase All Content and Settings option.
- On the Apps and Data screen that appears, click on Restore from the iCloud Backup option.
- You will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID. Post this, choose your backup options from the list available in iCloud to recover your files.
Recover iPhone files from an iTunes backup
- This option would be useful if your backup was made using Finder or iTunes.
- To proceed with the retrieval process, connect your iPhone to your computer and open Finder or iTunes, whichever one you used to generate a backup.
- In the Locations option on the left side pane, choose the device icon.
- Select the Restore from Backup option that backs up all the data on your computer.
- Hence, choose the backup that consists of your missing files.
- To complete the procedure, choose the Restore option and get back all your files.
Backup creation is the very essence of your data storing process as it is disturbing and stressful to lose all your important and memorable files. Hence, in all cases, it is advised to have an efficient backup system.
Hence, we hope this article was educative enough to help you restore all that you had lost from your iPhone.