“For a truly effective social campaign, a brand needs to embrace the first principles of marketing, which involves brand definition and consistent storytelling.” — Simon Mainwaring, brand futurist, global keynote speaker, and author
The above quote encapsulates how effective social media marketing impacts the future of the company and its brand presence in the global market. Running a social media campaign is one of the most efficient ways to increase brand awareness and inbound traffic; it boosts your search engine rankings along with brand authority. Most importantly, it is cost-effective to reach out to the audience you want to target.
However, it is an obvious fact that running a campaign is no child’s play. It requires proper ideation, strategizing, and execution. Hence we bring you a list of power-packed tips and techniques that can help you energize your campaign and add to your brand value.
Let’s take a look.
Tips to Manage Social Media Campaigns
1. Analyze and comprehend your business patterns well
A campaign will only be successful when you organize the core aspects of it systematically. This primarily involves knowing and understanding the nature of your business or company. With this understanding, we can dwell deep into the production aspects and categorize the services or products offered. A few key strategies can include:
- Conduct statistical analysis of your products and their current output in regards to sales and impact on the audience through social media. Scrutinizing these reports can reveal the real position of your business in the market.
- It is important to classify your products and narrow down the categories. With intricate categorization, we can employ individuals to focus on each product label and target the right audience for it. This will also give us a complete idea of which product or service has the maximum outreach and which product needs an added efficiency of campaign strategies.
- It is easier to market your products when divided into categories instead of being mixed up under one section. One must ensure that each of these categories has consistency in social media activities and campaign programs.
2. Make a thorough bifurcation on which social media networks to utilize for the campaign
After having a detailed company analysis, we must also have a definite plan on which social media sites to target and how. While we show the world who we are, we must ensure we are connecting with the right audience on a particular platform. One might be confused with the plethora of options. Still, it is better to know that you would rather have a successful campaign on one social media platform instead of four average running campaigns across different platforms.
The audience can be studied based on gender, age, level of education, knowledge about current trends, personal skills and interests, and much more. Hence while curating a campaign, we must keep these things in mind:
- Generally, one might utilize Facebook to run advertisements and connect to an older audience.
- Meanwhile, to entice the younger audience on Instagram, influencer takeovers, contests, and creative video content will work.
- Twitter is a good platform to run polls, curate, and express opinions on the brand and its attributes.
- Snapchat, as a whole, can be utilized to share promotional content and allow customers to share in-store experiences with Geo-filters.
3. Work on audience-friendly content
A significant aspect of a social media campaign is that you have to bridge the gap between personal use of social media and the business perspective for it. While a campaign does involve creating personalized content for a targeted audience, it is important to identify the business aspects for it and produce results based on the overall appeal of the audience.
The main way of doing this is specializing in unique and engaging yet original content. A campaign that persuades and involves the audience the most brings the maximum rate of success and engagement. The best way of doing this is through innovative contests and challenges, eye-catching creatives and infographics, and meaningful write-ups on the posts. This will grab their attention on all fours and give you the results,
Some examples of audience friendly and participatory campaigns across the world include:
- Share a Coke campaign by Coca-Cola that established an emotional connection with its audience.
- Starbucks’ unique Unicorn Frappuccino campaign resulted in a big boost in sales.
- Snickers’ #EatASnickers campaign to increase brand visibility and involve the audience with a distinctive hashtag.
4. Constant measure the validity of your campaign and evaluate the benefits
Post the engagement of quality content, and it is also important to observe its impact and, most primarily the positive and negative effects it has on your brand. Every social media handle is unique by itself, and thus, you might have a tough time monitoring. After engaging in output analysis, it is crucial to make amendments to boost the campaign.
One way to manage your accounts better is by engaging them separately and posting a variety of content on each platform. Do a crossover only if the campaign demands it.
Some efficient ways can be:
- Make a collective documented strategy of each account along with the procedures of implementation, goals to achieve, and messages to be conveyed. Make sure you stick to this basic idea despite different activities on multiple accounts.
- For long term benefits, invest in a social media management software to help you have control of all the posting and engagement under one roof.
- Creating a diverse timeline provides you direction towards your campaign. Sticking to that timeline helps you execute all your strategies in a limited time frame and reap all campaign benefits.
- Activity on social media should be monitored, and the company in every way should reciprocate to the comments, queries, and reactions of the consumer.
- Have a regular inspection of the insights of your business profile, the statistical engagement of each social media account to conclude which one suits your campaign the best and which social media handle needs to have a different campaign approach.
Planning and executing a social media campaign might seem like a big war to conquer- but with the right weapons, i.e., the correct processes and tools in place, you can turn your campaign around and create wonders for your brand.
We hope this article gave you a comprehensive idea of how to run a social media campaign that creates first-hand quality content with an added sense of brand awareness and engagement tactics.